The engine is the heart of your vehicle. When it stops working, so does your car! Just as the human heart needs its owner to eat healthy food and exercise for it to operate properly, your car’s engine also needs you to provide it with proper care.
At Boggs Automotive, we have engine repair and replacement experts with over 35 years of combined experience. Our capabilities include:
- Head Gaskets – Have your vehicle looked at if you smell a sweet odor coming out of the exhaust. It could be coolant leaking into your engine then burning up and coming out of the exhaust. At Boggs Automotive, we have the proper equipment to test for blown head gaskets
- Oil Leaks – It is important to keep an eye out for oil leaks, especially heavy ones! In heavy oil leak situations, the loss of lubrication to the metal parts of the engine will cause internal tolerance wear issues and eventually premature failure. With smaller oil leaks, the rubber engine mounts, suspension bushings and steering components can deteriorate over time.
- Engine Oil Light – Don’t ignore your check engine light! Damage is likely occurring when this light comes on. A couple of reasons the light could come on include when the oxygen sensor or the catalytic converter needs to be replaced. At Boggs Automotive, we have up to date diagnostic equipment to determine the root cause for you.
- Cooling System – Boggs Automotive recommends flushing your vehicle’s coolant every three years or 30,000 miles, whichever comes first. An overheating engine is a common sign that your car is low in coolant. Never drive a car that is overheating, or you risk ruining the engine. A blockage in the cooling system, loss of coolant or failing electrical cooling fans can cause overheating. At Boggs Automotive, we can repair the engine if the issue is addressed quickly, saving you from an engine replacement.
- Flooding your engine – Driving through standing water or even a heavy rainstorm can potentially damage your engine if the air intake has been modified. The intake manifold supplies the air/fuel mixture to the engine. If water passes through, it could cause the piston rods to bend. If the amount of water consumed is substantial enough, the water is distributed through the intake manifold and finds its way to the combustion chamber where the spark plug is. If you have recently driven through standing water and your car isn’t operating correctly, bring it into Boggs Automotive. We are happy to take a look and diagnose the issue for you.
If the engine in your vehicle is no longer performing to your expectations, there’s no need to trade for a new or used vehicle. After all, if you didn’t intend to replace your vehicle before the engine got tired, why would you now? Also, don’t forget the “soft” costs associated with the ownership of a new vehicle purchase – license, insurance and taxes. You’ll save on all of these by holding onto your present vehicle and giving it new life with a remanufactured engine. At Boggs Automotive, we have a few options for you depending on your needs.
JASPER STOCK REPLACEMENT ENGINES
Replacing your engine with a JASPER stock replacement engine will cost considerably less than replacing the vehicle. JASPER engines come with a 3 year, 100,000 mile warranty and are made in the U.S.
Certified Used Engines
If you are interested in replacing your engine but would like a more economical approach, Boggs Automotive is frequently able to locate a certified used engine with low miles for your vehicle.
Give Boggs Automotive a call today for a free estimate at (574) 268-6360.